Saturday, December 01, 2007

It's going to be cold this winter! Sadly, that's what they say, and perhaps my latent primordial instincts have been telling me this all along - that would explain my manic sock knitting.


Child's French Sock
from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush.


Here is the best early Christmas present ever (from my mom), a mushroom stake planishing set. I have been playing with it all week at the jewellery school. Today I realised that all I want for Christmas are metalsmithing books, metalsmithing tools, yarn, and Season III of Battlestar Galactica on DVD. Eclectic much, am I?


My friend Tina recently got me into the Great Lake Swimmers. I would describe their sound as mellow, nostalgic and folk-like, and the lead singer sometimes sounds like a young Neil Young. They frequently play in the Outaouais region, so I am hoping to see them live over the holidays. If you want to check them out, go to http://radio3.cbc.ca/ , type Great Lake Swimmers in the right hand search bar, then play all tracks. Various Stages or Your Rocky Spine are two beautiful songs. I have been listening to this album all afternoon and cleaning, and now must head off to the studio now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice socks Say. Thanks for the link - I am listening to them as I type. V.Pleasant as I sip a glass of chardonnay, sun's going down on a lovely summerish day, on the other side of the world. xx

LivM said...

I have just finished my pair of socks. You have chosen a beatiful color!

Jackie said...

NIce present! It took me a moment, but when I understood what they were......really reallly nice present!