Sunday, January 08, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?

Yes and kind of. I’m really sensitive to synthetics. I can’t wear them so I don’t make anything with them that would be worn. Many of the novelty and fun acrylics would definitely be fine for other types of projects.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I’m a novice spinner. Despite the fact that I taught myself to knit, crocheting utterly baffles me whenever I sit down and try it. I keep meaning to give it another go.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Some are contained in an old sewing bag and the rest are flying loose in my knitting basket.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Four years. I’d call myself an intermediate.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like anything that’s not overly floral or perfume-like.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes. Chocolate!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Weaving, screen-printing, dyeing and metal-work.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I’m all over the board. I was a child of the New Wave era so I have a fondness for 80s bands like Dépêche Mode, the Cure, the Sugarcubes and the Pixies. Since then, I’ve segued into folk, indy, and have a growing collection of international music. In general, I love being introduced to new stuff.

I don't have an MP3 player, just a CD player.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

Orange. I love autumn colours, or autumn colours mixed up with anything.

Any colors you just can't stand?

In terms of what I wear or carry around? I’m not a pink or pastel type person.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Two cats. One husband.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

All of the above.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Hm. I’m not sure I have a favourite. It just depends on the project. Lately I’ve been using a lot of Fleece Artist yarns.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Synthetics.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Socks. Clapotis.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Socks.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

For small projects, straight. For large ones, circulars.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

All of the above. I have to be careful with bamboo, as my cats love to gnaw them to rough bits.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No, but I have access to both.

22. How did you learn to knit?

I taught myself.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Four months.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Cats.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

American Thanksgiving. This is probably due to the fact that I don’t get to celebrate it much any more.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Anything related to textile arts, cookbooks, and Star Wars paraphernalia.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

I can’t think of any that spring to mind right now!

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I keep meaning to give crocheting a serious try.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I’m a compulsive sock knitter. I’m about a size 9.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

October 11th.

No comments: