Rogue Chocolate Stout.
Jana over at Exile In Knitville tagged me for the '6 Weird Things About Me' meme. Time to celebrate my inner geekiness.
1) I met my husband when someone sent me to gawk at his big toes. He was digging a leaching pit during a camp set-up in Northern Ontario. A mutual friend came over to me and started freaking out about them. Under the pretense of 'supervising' (I was a forewoman), I went over to stare and had no choice but to start talking to him. We were best friends before we started dating. I proposed to him two weeks later. (For the record, he's a size 13/14 shoe, mainly because of his giant toes.)
2) I automatically know how do everything with my left hand that I learn with my right, only backwards. Like write. And knit. And throw my shovel. I don't know if other people can do this or just me (and I'm curious) and only know that a certain section of my brain absorbs things in a mirror image fashion. I can also write the same thing with both hands at the same time, forward and backward. I spent my high school chemistry class perfecting this talent. Now all I remember about chemistry my instructors voice saying, "When in doubt, convert to moles."
3) I don't like pototo chips and lima beans are one of my favourite vegetables.
4) Despite my summers in the bush, I am terrified of bears. Those Discovery channel shows, like When Animals Attack, give me nightmares. During the summer, I lay in my tent listening for them (we've only had one around our tent once. It sounded like a giant pig). We went to the
6) I hate movie theaters and rarely go. I dread movie trailers. They’re too loud, the visuals and imagery are overwhelming for me, and I am easily emotionally sucked in and instantly teary. I've seen two movies at the theatre in the last three years; The Return of the King and Casino Royale.I'm supposed to tag six people, but since half the people I know have done this, if you read this and are even remotely amused (and secretly wish I had tagged you), consider me a mind-reader, and consider yourself tagged!
And Happy New Years!