Sunday, June 28, 2009

Little Majolica

Little Majolica by Kristin Nichols from Interweave Knits, Fall 2006

This was the first project I've knitted quickly since Sigourney was born. I knitted it up in about a week and a half. It's an easy, pleasing fair isle pattern and I will definitely knit another one. This particular sweater was a gift for my niece. I'm happy with how it turned out, although my seaming skills need more practice.


A close up.


Is it time for five month old pic-spam? Yes...


At five months, my daughter is wonderful and so much fun. If she had her way, she would stand up all day long.


At the moment, I am a single mom and always looking for things Sigourney and I can do together. Montreal has the most beautiful Botanical Gardens. I bought an annual pass so that we could go every week. As this is my first summer in the city in over a decade, I find that I need to be outside as much as possible. The Gardens are terrific because I can pass an entire day there. Even better, there's artistic inspiration to be found in the plants and flowers.

This one reminded me of a fishtail braid.

Strange pods.

Here is the Bonsai greenhouse.


And flowers!



These last plants I photographed because the name cracked me up. Bloody Begonias. They belong in a Harry Potter book or herbology class.





5 comments:

Jana said...

Oh she's gotten so big so fast! Beautiful girl, great sweater and lovely flowers!

Leigh said...

Your DD is sooooo cute! What a doll baby. The sweater is really nice too. Very attractive.

JessaLu said...

Lovely sweater - your daughter is so very cute!

Dorothy said...

Sigourney is beautiful! She looks like she is so much fun too.

The sweater looks great and no one will notice the seams.

Kristin Nicholas said...

Lovely job! Nice colors. Congrats.