Sunday, August 13, 2006

Thank you to everyone who stopped by and offered their sympathies regarding Runa.

It always seems to me (though this is likely not without exception) that every knitter or weaver I meet is also a cat-lover or animal person. Personally, I am extremely fond of kitty spam of all sorts although I try not to spam my own blog excessively (er, I'm lying). I know there are many cat owners (or knitters and weavers owned by cats) in blogland, and a lot of people who know what it's like to lose a pet.

So thank you. I know you all understand.

On to knitting.

This week I learned that knitting a 70% merino 30% silk blend on slippery metal needles is a bad idea. Especially in a car. Especially on a badly paved highway between Ottawa and Perth. Both yarn stores I've checked with are out of bamboo needles in the size I need for the wrap with sleeves, so the project is on hold for today.

On the other hand, the sock pattern my Secret Pal sent me this spring with the accompanying skeins of 'Claudia's Hand Painted Yarns' is singing a soft but very audible siren song from its stash bag down in my in-laws basement.

Honestly. What kind of sock addict am I if I don't have a pair on any needles?

Oh, and SueB over at Threads is offering online classes in silk fusion. I've been admiring her technique and work for several months now and I urge you all to check it out!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Your knitting is superb. Those socks are truly inspiring. I've not tried the fishermans rib, but I have to admit that anything that isn't easy to undo I tend to approach with trepidation! I'll admire your progress from a safe distance. :)

Spamming Khan said...

This week I learned that knitting a 70% merino 30% silk blend on slippery metal needles is a bad idea. Especially in a car. Especially on a badly paved highway between Ottawa and Perth. Both yarn stores I've checked with are out of bamboo needles in the size I need for the wrap with sleeves, so the project is on hold for today.